Rant Back

Saturday 13 September 2008

Taking A Break

I'll be taking a break for a few days, I think. Things have come up, and I'll be extremely busy. If I have time to update, I will. But I doubt it.

After I've started this blog, the reaction so far, has been somewhat predictable. But I didn't realise it would spread like wildfire. It's got so much attention from other bloggers. I think I've managed to make people talk and think. And I'm proud of that.

There's a few things that still leaves a bad taste in the mouth though.

A friend of mine remarked on the mediocrity of arguments made by some of the readers. Or rather the absence of any actual valid points in their arguments. I also was aggrieved that some people didn't bother to read my blog properly before deciding what kind of person I am or how they should approach my arguments.

But then as time went on, those mediocre, pointless, inept threat-makers disappeared slowly (though there are still a minority) and the type of Bruneians that I hoped is the majority, slowly came forth. These are the people who aren't afraid to argue their points articulately. These are people who know where I was coming from, even though they didn't necessarily agree with me. These are the people who can think for themselves, whatever they believe or don't believe in.

I'll be back, fairly soon.

I've just realised I've got a life to live.

1 comment:

  1. My guess is you're

    - non-muslim to begin with
    - a Brunei ethnic minority
    - secretly gay
    - with ego the size of Australia
    interesting combination.

    Yeah take a break, go get a facial.

    ReplyDelete